Getting Your Brows Ready
You should avoid anything that thins the blood before getting brow embroidery. Ibuprofen, aspirin, and caffeine are the most commonly used blood thinners; therefore, avoid taking them for at least 24 hours before your session. Before you come in, take a shower and wash your hair. Showering should be avoided for the first 48 hours following your procedure to prevent pigment loss or difficulties in the healing process. Take off ALL of your makeup. You should have a clean and fresh face before your operation so the artist can observe the natural form and colour of your brows and skin. As much as possible, clean up your brows. Remove as many stray hairs as possible by threading, waxing, or plucking.
- Avoid activities that create excessive sweating, and keep makeup away from the region.
- Do not use any soaps or facial treatments (particularly those containing glycolic acid or retinol) beside your aftercare cream.
- Before using your aftercare cream, make sure your hands are clean.
- You should also use a Q-tip to shape your brows rather than bare fingers.
- The most important thing to remember is that you should not use water on your brows for the first seven days following your session.
- This week, make the most of your favourite bath bombs.
- Baths are an excellent alternative to ducking around your shower head, as long as the water isn’t too hot (heavy steam is also a no-no)
- Avoid using tanning spray or tanning beds.
Additional Care Suggestions
- You should start if you aren’t already applying sunscreen (SPF30 or above) as part of your regular skincare routine.
- Sunscreen will help your brow pigment remain longer.
- Once you’ve healed completely, apply sunscreen to at least your brows (and ideally your entire face) regularly.
- Alcohol use can hasten the healing process. We urge that you wait until you are entirely healed before proceeding.
Typical Post-Care Outcomes
It is natural for the pigment to seem substantially darker the day after your operation. However, when the healing process is over, you’ll notice that the pigment in your brows has evened out or is level lighter than predicted. If you believe the colour is inconsistent, communicate with your artist. A touch-up 6 to 8 weeks following your operation will finish the job and provide flawlessly matched pigment in both brows.
When should you contact your technician?
Please notify your artist immediately if you notice any odd changes in your body temperature (feeling feverish), puffiness, or discharge around your brows. If these symptoms persist or worsen, consult your doctor as soon as possible.